From January through April of each year, CAA provides tax return preparation services at no cost to individuals who qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Income must be at or less than $57,000 to qualify. CAA can have any refund money deposited directly into a checking account or help set up an account for clients who don't have one. Get a copy of our 2020 EITC flyer.
The Earned Income Tax Credit, also known as the EITC, is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. Congress approved the tax credit legislation in 1975, to help offset the burden of Social Security taxes and to provide an incentive to work. When the EITC exceeds the amount of taxes owed, it results in a tax refund to those who claim and qualify for the credit.
The EITC has no effect on certain welfare benefits. In most cases, EITC payments will not be used to determine eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), food stamps, low-income housing or most Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) payments. To learn more about the EITC, visit the website of the Internal Revenue Service.
Click here to download PDF: TALK POINTS FOR VITA/TCE VOLUNTEERS
FREE Tax Preparation Services
Appointments Only (Tuesday - Friday):
Please call (513) 569-1840, Option 4
9:00 AM - First come, First served
The number of walk-ins served is based on the number of tax preparers on site
You Must Bring:
- Photo ID for primary taxpayer and spouse, if applicable. Spouse must be present
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) noticed or cards for everyone listed on the tax return
- All W-2s, 1099s, and/or other income documents
- Any 1098 forms received from colleges and/or receipts
- Healthcare statement forms: 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C
- Last year's tax return
- Account numbers and routing numbers for direct deposit of tax refunds
- Information for expenses: home, medical, charitable, etc.